Anger as Nathan Turner’s death ruled not COVID-19 relateed

There are calls for Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk to apologise for a “traumatic” bungle that led a recently deceased man to be diagnosed with COVID-19 only for an autopsy to reveal he did not have the virus in his system at all.

Nathan Turner, 30, had been Australia’s youngest ever coronavirus victim when he died last Tuesday with a post-mortem positive coronavirus test.

His body was found in his home by his fiance Simone Devon. He could not be revived and was declared deceased at the scene.

Hailing from Blackwater in central Queensland, the diagnosis baffled health officials who scrambled to understand how the virus had reached the town 200km west of Rockhampton.

At just 30, Nathan Turner was thought to be Australia’s youngest ever COVID-19 victim.Source:Facebook

Amid fears of an outbreak, hundreds of locals got tested but none were positive. Queensland Health has conceded a coroner’s report has now said there was no trace of the virus in Mr Turner’s body. But it’s not clear what he did died of.

A Change.org petition has now been started demanding the Premier and chief health officer Jeanette Young make a “national apology”.

“Your leadership created emotional, mental and physical trauma to the loved ones of Nathan, especially his fiancé Simone.

“You should be ashamed of yourself and if you had any human decency left then you will apologise for creating trauma to this family,” the strongly worded statement said.

“The emotional, mental, social and physical trauma your chaos caused has broke a family to pieces. A mother & father have lost their son a fiancé now struggles to sleeps alone without her partner.”

At least 2000 people have signed the petition.





Source link

Leave a comment

Sign Up Now

Become a member of our online community and get tickets to upcoming matches or sports events faster!