Second man charged with murder

A second man has been arrested and charged in connection with the murder of Victor Codea who was allegedly bashed at Adelaide High School.

The accused, 24, is expected to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court either Wednesday afternoon or Thursday.

Mr Codea, from Ridleyton, knew at least one of his attackers and further arrests are anticipated, according to SA Police’s Detective Inspector Brett Featherby.

He said the victim was lured to the Adelaide High School’s car park, along West Terrace in the CBD, between 9.30pm and 9.40pm on August 28.

“Police know four males were present at the car park where Victor was violently assaulted by three of them,” Detective Inspector Featherby said on Wednesday.

“Circumstances surrounding the assault are ongoing and we’re still chasing up some of those avenues but we’re aware he was kicked and punched probably while he was in the vehicle.

“The males left the scene in an old model sedan and one of Victor’s friends took him to the Royal Adelaide Hospital where he underwent emergency surgery.”

Following the assault, Mr Codea, 24, was dropped off at the hospital with serious head injuries and was placed in a coma but died on September 5.

Police first arrested a man from Adelaide, 23, — whose name is suppressed — and charged him with aggravated assault causing serious harm which was later upgraded to murder.

Police have further alleged the 23-year-old was a “major part” of both enticing Mr Codea to the school and in the subsequent attack.

Mr Codea was facing drug charges and was yet to plead to one count of trafficking in a controlled drug, and one count of trafficking in a commercial quantity of a controlled drug.

Detective Inspector Featherby said the victim “made some bad choices” which cost him his life.

“We believe he’s been wrongly accused of providing information to police and we have no knowledge whatsoever that he’s provided any information to police,” Det Insp Featherby said.

On the night of the bashing, Mr Codea was driving a white 2019 Toyota Corolla with SA registration S331CAE.

Police say the car was driven from the Welland Shopping Centre to Adelaide High School, was used by a friend to take Mr Cordea to the hospital and was later driven back to the shopping centre car park.

Police also alleged the victim’s mobile was located at a Cowra St address in Mile End on August 29 which was believed to be deposited there between 9.40pm on August 28 and the morning of August 29.

As investigations continue, police are appealing to the public for further information about the incident.

Source link

Leave a comment

Sign Up Now

Become a member of our online community and get tickets to upcoming matches or sports events faster!