One TAB punter was overjoyed to see Cronulla’s Ronaldo Mulitalo score a 79th-minute try against the Warriors as the Sharks’ 22-14 victory resulted in a collect of $160,659.10 from a $10 seven-leg NRL Round 18 multi.
The TAB customer required Cronulla to defeat the Warriors by seven to 12 points at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium in the final leg of their life-changing multi and Mulitalo’s try ensured the Sharks won by eight points.
The selections in the $10 seven-leg multi at odds of $16,065.91 were:
- Manly to win by 7-12 points against Canterbury $6
Manly won 32-20
- Penrith to win by 13+ points versus Parramatta $2.15
Penrith won 20-2
- Canberra to win by 19+ points against St George Illawarra $3.40
Canberra won 37-8
- Gold Coast to win by 7-12 points versus Brisbane $6
Gold Coast won 18-6
- Sydney Roosters to win by 19+ points against Newcastle $1.85
Sydney Roosters won 42-12
- Melbourne to win by 13-18 points versus North Queensland $5.50
Melbourne won 36-20
- Cronulla to win by 7-12 points against NZ Warriors $6
Cronulla won 22-14
“The TAB customer in question endured many anxious moments before their multi collect of over $160,000 starting with the Sea Eagles having to overturn a 10-point first-half deficit in their eventual 32-20 victory over the Bulldogs,” TAB’s Trent Langskaill said.
“Jarome Luai’s last-minute try plus Nathan Cleary’s conversion saw the Panthers’ winning margin against the Eels go over 13 or more points, which kept this multi alive going into the weekend.”
“The Titans led 18-6 with 35 minutes remaining against the Broncos and the 12-point margin fell inside the required winning margin bracket of seven to 12 points.”
“Valentine Holmes’ 70th-minute try and subsequent conversion meant that the Storm beat the Cowboys by 16 points and then tries in the last 10 minutes to Toby Rudolf (converted) and Mulitalo (not converted) resulted in the Sharks overturning a 14-12 deficit to triumph 22-14, which started the celebrations for the lucky TAB punter.”