Strict stage three coronavirus restrictions will be implemented in Victoria from 11.59pm tonight.
Police will be doing regular patrols of neighbourhoods where more than 310,000 residents live. They will only be allowed to leave the house for exercise, food, caregiving and work.
The postcodes subject to the new stay-at-home orders include:
• 3012 (Brooklyn, Kingville, Maidstone, Tottenham, West Footscray)
• 3021 (Alban Vale, Kealba, Kings Park, St Albans)
• 3032 (Ascot Vale, High Point City, Maribyrnong, Travancore)
• 3038 (Keilor Downs, Keilor Lodge, Taylors Lakes, Watergardens)
• 3042 (Airport West, Keilor Park, Niddrie)
• 3046 (Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park)
• 3047 (Broadmeadows, Dallas, Jacana)
• 3055 (Brunswick South, Brunswick West, Moonee Vale, Moreland West)
• 3060 (Fawkner)
• 3064 (Craigieburn, Donnybrook, Mickleham, Roxburgh Park and Kalkallo)